Tuesday, July 6, 2010

DIEGO MARADONA MAY RESIGN



Argentina's coach Diego Maradona may resign coach's posession following his side's defeat against Germany leading to world cup elimination, according to a report from Argentine cable channel Cronica TV.

That's it, my cycle has finished," Maradona reportedly said as he arrived at his home here on Sunday evening. "I gave all I had."

Day before the quaterfinal match against Germany, Maradona said, "I haven't decided about my future yet. I have to talk to my family, the players and the federation. It depends on lots of things."

"The person who'll have to decide if he continues or not is Maradona," Segura told TyC sports channel.

The decision is up to Diego.Grondona has never interrupted a national coach's contract and if he decides to continue, he'll continue.

"I think he should see out his contract, which expires after next year's Copa America in Argentina."

Argentina, one of the hot favourite's in the FIFA world cup, were knocked out when they lost to the Germans in the quaterfinal but were greeted by 10,000 fans when they arrived their country Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment